Last updated: January 28, 2018.
Capitalized terms used but not defined herein have the meanings assigned to them in the Terms of Service – Multi-Culty Trust Agreement.
1. Our Website and services may only be used for non-commercial individual home exchange purposes.
2. When a Member joins Multi-Culty, he agrees not to contact other members of Multi-Culty for any other purpose than to arrange a personal home exchange.
Personal Data Collected
1. We collect two general categories of data – data that you provide to us, and data we collect automatically.
2. When you become a Member, you are asked to provide data about you and your Property. During your use of the Website, other data may be requested.
3. Any information provided may be updated by you at any time.
4. The types of data collected are:
When you become a Member, we collect information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally, such as your name, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, birth date or mailing address. Your name and telephone number are presented to other Members when they view your Listing. If you enter your exchange dates or your destination wishlist that will be presented to both Members and Guests. Other personal data, such as your email, will not be shown on the Website or shared byMulti-Culty and shall remain confidential.
Your Listing contains information about the Property offered for exchange. Your Listing’s main photo is presented to Guests and Members. This Listing will contain information about the property and its location and will provide a link to your Profile page. All of this information will be visible to all visitors to the Website.
When you communicate with other Members or us through our messaging system, we collect the information you choose to provide so it later can be presented in your Inbox. You can delete this information at any time, but the Member you sent it too may choose to keep it.
When you visit another Listing as a logged in Member, we keep that information and show it in the other Member’s statistics page. When you add a Member as a Favorite, we may notify the other member that you did so, as a way to encourage a possible exchange.
When you sign up as a Member, we or our third-party payment provider may collect your financial information such as your name, address, credit card number or PayPal account number or other information to process transactions.
You may choose to provide us with information by filling in a form, conduct a search, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, or use other features on the Website.
Following the creation of your Account, you can review and change the information you provided
If you change your email address, we may retain a record of your email address. You can also change your Account information such as your name, address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, and saved search criteria, as well as any information on your Profile or Listing(s).
Upon your notification that you have terminated your Membership and would like to remove your Listings and/or Profile from the Websites, remove your Account from our active databases as soon as reasonably possible.
We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone or share your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
1. Our Website requires that cookies be active to use Member functions.
2. Personal information may be collected by cookies, which are pieces of data stored by a web browser that contains information relating to the use of the Website. A cookie can not read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
3. Our Website uses its own and third-party cookies to analyze users’ interactions. These cookies are associated exclusively with a single user and their device.
4. Our cookies are used solely for the purpose of providing a better service, for example, they allow you the site to remember you Member credentials and not ask for them repeatedly
5. We use Google Analytics to track how visitors interact with our website, analyze where traffic is generated from and collect information related to general Website engagement.
6. Third party advertising management services such as Google and Facebook may display tailored messages after you have interacted with our Website, using cookies. You can opt of these ads at any time when displayed.
We may use a third-party advertising company to post ads on our behalf across the Internet. That advertising company may also collect anonymous information about your visits to the Websites. This is primarily accomplished through the use of a device commonly referred to as a Web beacon, cookie, or an action tag, which is placed on various web pages within the Websites or in an HTML e-mail that allows the third-party advertising company to collect anonymous information. Some of the third-party advertisers that we use have their own privacy policies and may allow you to opt out of having your information collected as discussed above. The “Help” section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. To find out more about cookies, visit .
Use of Personal Data
1. Multi-Culty is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal data. We will only use the data we collect for the purposes of enhancing your Multi-Culty online service experience.
2. At no time will we sell, trade, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties unless we have obtained previous consent from you.
3. Here are the purposes for which we may use your data:
1) Home exchanging purposes
The main purpose of the data collected is to allow and encourage Home Exchange between our members.
2) Transactional purposes
We may use your personal information in order to respond to your queries and requests and to manage transactions such as credit card payments. The personal information you provide may be used by an authorized third party to fulfill that order.
3) Marketing purposes
As a Member, you may occasionally receive email updates from us, including newsletters, special offers, important changes to the functionality of the Website or new services, These e-mail communications may be sent or personalized based on personal data provided. You may, at any time, decline to receive email updates by following the instructions included in each email received.
4) Administration and Management purposes
We may transfer your personal information to third parties under confidentiality obligations when the performance of any service in relation to the activities above is sub-contracted (e.g. the development of a website feature).
5) Legal purposes
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend us or other third parties against theft, fraud or any other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements as well as our legal and contractual obligations.
1. The personal data provided will be retained:
1) As long as you have an Active Membership with Multi-Culty
2) For a period of five years after your account become inactive, so that if you decide to renew you don’t have to enter all your data again.
3) Your name and email address will be retained for Marketing Purposes until you unsubscribe from such communications.
3. We may continue to store your personal information longer to allow us to resolve disputes, enforce agreements or comply with legal obligations.
1. We use generally accepted technology security standards, including secure servers, to protect your personal information.
2. You are responsible for the strict confidentiality of your account password, and for access to your account by you or anyone using your password (that you previously provided to them), whether or not this specific access or use is authorized by you.
3. You hereby agree to inform us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account, or any other security breach. You are solely responsible for monitoring the distribution and use of your password and the access to and use of your account.
4. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Websites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
1. You can exercise the following rights at any time by contacting us to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. As Member you have the right to:
1) Be forgotten: for this, you can use the Profile Deletion tool as explained in the Data Retention section
2) Have part of your personal data removed
3) Not have your personal data used for marketing purposes: for this, you can use the unsubscribe option in any marketing e-mail.
4) Get your data